THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a TOOLS AND PARTS ATTENDANT (Title 32), Position Description Number D1228000 and is part of the IL FMS 17, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
As an TOOLS AND PARTS ATTENDANT (Title 32), WG-6904-5/6, you will determine, identify, and select for issue, items described by users in terms of their intended usage; recommending possible substitutes and interchangeable items; determining work sequences, methods, procedures, and techniques for setting up and shifting storage locations; and determining when tools and equipment should be routed to appropriate shops for test, repair, or calibration.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Identify user's tools, parts, equipment, and requirements and requisitions stock as needed.
- Determine methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering such factors as temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, space available, and convenience of handling items.
- Prepare periodic inventory and determines the basis for over, short, or misplaced items by checking such references as out-for-repair, issue, and turn-in records maintained in the tools and parts room.
- May make minor repairs to tools and equipment, determine when damaged and inoperative items are too costly to repair, and report damaged or worn-out equipment to superiors.
- Code and classify requisitions, shipping orders, and other documents, and extracts requests to other sources of supply or refers them to an inventory control point when stock is unavailable or cannot be shipped.
- May perform maintenance tasks with repairers or mechanics by assisting in the accomplishment of duties; This may involve getting tools and supplies, carrying materials, and lifting and holding materials in place during operations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583272400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.