You will serve as a STATISTICIAN (DATA SCIENTIST) in the INSIDER THREAT ANALYTIC HUB of the DEPUTY UNDER SECRETARY OF THE NAVY (DUSN).Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as the DON Insider Threat Data Scientist providing technical support, data analysis, subject matter expertise, advice and recommendations to DON Insider Threat stakeholders, in support of the DON Insider Threat Program.
- You will design new and innovative approaches for gathering and analyzing data, develop creative statistical analysis and approaches, recommend new technology capabilities and requirements, and manage one or more data scientist initiatives.
- You will design, collect and use large data sets to improve and optimize processes, use models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action, and identify and develop statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques.
- You will integrate and prepare large, varied datasets, develop specialized database and computing environments, and communicate results.
- You will develop computer graphics systems using graphic display systems, general purpose graphics languages and optimization techniques involving pre-processors, graphical algorithms, memory management methods and high-speed communication links.
- You will serve as a subject matter expert for all activities related to statistical information and formulate, evaluate, test and implement solutions to complex and theoretical human behavioral, computer behavioral and analyst-driven problems.
- You will apply advanced statistical principles, methods and practices to the analysis and oversight of insider threat program projects and operations.
- You will provide technical assistance and serve as a liaison in the fields of insider threat, statistics and survey methods and provide advice and assistance to DON staff, DoD and other stakeholders.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583178200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.