This National Guard position is for a NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTER, Position Description Number NGD2319000 and is part of the OH 179 Airlift Wing, Ohio Air National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This is an Air National Guard (ANG) Dual Status Technician position requiring military membership, compatible military skill assignment, and classification. The purpose of this position is to serve as a Small Shop Chief (SSC) with the responsibility for the overall shop.
As a NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTER, WG-3705-11, you will perform the following duties:
1. Performs the full range of WG-3705-10 duties and responsibilities. Possesses the knowledge and skills found at the journey level as well as those required for planning, accomplishing, and maintaining a functional shop maintenance program. For small one to two positioned level shops; this may include many programs to be accustomed to for example but not limited to: TMDE, PCAMS, Equipment Custodian, Supplies Manager, Hazardous Waste Monitor, Hazardous Communication Monitor, Spill Prevention Monitor, FOD Monitor, Radiation Monitor, Technical Order Monitor, Precious Metals Monitor, and Training Monitor.
2. Plans and lays out work to be accomplished in the shop, which is then completed by the incumbent and lower graded mechanic(s). Independently determines appropriate maintenance procedures such as how and when the work should be accomplished. Estimates manpower, equipment and material requirements. Devises and maintains all program plans and records, is skilled in surveillance and troubleshooting techniques, and is able to determine maintenance/repair procedures needed without benefit of technical supervisory guidance. Plans, organizes and directs shop maintenance programs/procedures under general supervision. Determines approaches, methods and courses of action required to accomplish the mission of the shop in an effective and efficient manner.
3. If required (based on new Aircraft Gen 4 & 5 Aircraft), must be able to draw, design, test, write/re-write and perform new inspections in order to prepare AF form 22, AF Form 107's, and AFTO form 242's for submittal.
4. May provide recommendations and input to the supervisor concerning personnel actions such as performance appraisals, awards, position descriptions changes, disciplinary actions, leave, etc. Implements safety regulatory requirements. Supervisor must ensure that other workers in the shop wear the appropriate Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) and follow pertinent safety precautions. Must enforce all obtaining rules and regulations accompanying the Air National Guard and attached agencies.
5. May serve as an Augmented Quality Assurance team member and preform personnel evaluations on other NDI technicians.
Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description PD#:NGD2319000. https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583146200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.