The National Science Foundation is seeking a qualified candidate for a Science Advisor position within the Office of the Assistant Director (OAD), Directorate for Biological Sciences (BIO), Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
For more information about BIO, click here.
- Serves as an advisor to the Assistant Director (AD) and Deputy Assistant Director (DAD) on scientific, policy, and management matters related to the management and support of research in BIO.
- Represents the Directorate, as needed, on working groups, and at meetings.
- Coordinates special projects, innovation activities and programs within BIO, including defining their purposes and areas of emphasis.
- Assists the AD, DAD and BIO senior managers in identifying and developing emerging areas of BIO science, through analysis of program data and trends, and organization of seminars and workshops relevant to biological sciences.
- Assists in the implementation of and oversight for a strategic planning process that integrates program planning and oversight and leading edge discussions.
- Provides advice and assistance in the development and revision of suitable internal program structures, the arrangement of program and project goals and levels of effort, and the continuing review, evaluation, and coordination of BIO activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel up to 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583127900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.