This assignment is a 6 to 12 month non-reimbursable assignment.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as a biometric/IT Project Management Subject Matter Expert (SME) in a complex matrix organization exploring new/novel biometrics and identity-based technologies in the Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM).
- The responsibilities described are for the full performance level.
- Serves as a biometric/IT Project Management Subject Matter Expert (SME) in a complex matrix organization exploring new/novel biometrics and identity-based technologies.
- Assesses the value and organizational impact of projects, ensuring the target benefits are measurable and related to business goals.
- Drafts and maintains all project management documentation including project charters, project management plans, System Engineering Life Cycle Tailoring Plans (SELC TP), Integrated Master Plans (IMP).
- Updates relevant plans and communicates approved changes. Facilitates Integrated Project Team (IPT) meetings.
- Creates IPT meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and manages the action item register.
- Ensures project closeout is complete and lessons learned are documented.
- Develops and documents a project work breakdown structure (WBS) and project schedule with input from the IPT using common project information systems technology and software.
- Develops and accurately maintains high level project schedules derived from detailed project schedules utilizing specialized scheduling software.
- Incorporates project schedules into the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) utilizing Enterprise Portfolio Management (EPM) solutions.
- Establishes the project schedule baseline and identifies when baseline change requests are needed.
- Ensures project activities are completed per the project schedule.
- Oversees execution of the project and responds and adapts plans to changes.
- Tracks status and progress of activities on the project schedule.
- Identifies and reports critical path slippages and develops schedule recovery plans.
- Responsible for briefing project status and progress at recurring schedule management reviews.
- Develops detailed project management plans, tasks, schedules, and identifies milestone dates ensuring proper sequencing of events, work efforts, and resources needed to accomplish objectives.
- Identifies and coordinates with stakeholders and private industry as required.
- Coordinates with senior managers and technical staff within OBIM ensuring compliance with regulatory policies, communication, and software standards and with user requirements.
- Utilizes Project Management Institute standards to manage all stages of a project (project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and controlling, and closure).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583088800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.