About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Contracting Division in the Philadelphia District Office in the Wanamaker Building, adjacent to City Hall in Center City Philadelphia. Parking is available for a monthly fee in the basement of the office building. Most employees use public transportation. The Army currently provides up to $265 per month mass transit subsistence.
- As a Contract Specialist you will be responsible for pre-award and/or post-award functions for superfund, architect/engineer construction and/or supply and service contracts for several activities within the Philadelphia District.
- Formulate the contracting approach to be taken that will best satisfy the requirement. Plan the procurement action with technical, legal, and contract pricing personnel.
- Ensure that the bid schedule is properly structured, prepare solicitation, determine sources to be solicited, conduct pre-bid conferences, and award or recommend award of the contract.
- Monitor contractors to ensure compliance with performance standards and completion schedules.
- Conduct facility and/or work site visits with contractors to provide information, clarify requirements, and detect and correct labor standards violations.
- Modify contract for negotiated settlements for changes, for the assessment of liquated or actual damages for nonperformance, issue show cause or cure notices, and terminate contracts for default or convenience.
- Respond and process inquiries including formal protests and congressional inquiries.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582980100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.