This position is located within Fiscal Service at the Omaha VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System. The incumbent provides financial services to a large, complex medical center, which includes planning, monitoring, analyzing and evaluation of current and past performance of historical expenditures and staffing, including funding adjustments to facilitate changing requirements. The purpose of the work is to ensure accurate reporting of all account, cost and budget data.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepares estimates for the annual budget and FTEE levels
- Assembles and develops background data and documentation in support of requested program budgets
- prepares a monthly budget briefing report
- Performs budget execution duties for operational and/or administered programs
- Performs studies and audits on control and use of modeled and non-modeled allocations and special program funds throughout the year
- Analyzes and evaluates the effects of program plans and budget issues through the use of cost-benefit analysis tools
- Enters budgetary data into a variety of forms, schedules, and reports
- Obtains, complies, and summaries factual narrative information and quantitative data for use by others within the office
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: The tour of duty for this position is typically Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Additional information may be provided during the interview process.
Telework: Ad Hoc
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Budget Analyst/PD70111A and PD70110A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582848100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.