The Supervisory Logistics Management Specialist is the senior supply chain management officer for a VA Health Care System (VA HCS) and supported catchment area, responsible for the development and integration of a cohesive, forward-looking supply chain that ensures the logistical requirements of the VA HCS and supported catchment area are met.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversees, guides, manages and integrates supply chain operations across the organization, including planning/coordination with fiscal, acquisition, clinical and administrative operations.
- Establishes, monitors and manages the performance and measurement of logistics functions throughout the VA HCS for all aspects of the supply chain including requirements determination, acquisition planning/coordination/oversight, purchasing, transportation, distribution, tracking, inventory management/control, reconciliation of undelivered orders, and disposition of supplies and equipment.
- Conduct logistics audits, compliance reviews and program effectiveness/efficiency reviews based on self-developed and nationally developed standards, of all facility activities to ensure they provide satisfactory levels of service and comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, directives and procedures.
- Plans and manages all levels of supply chain activities involved in sourcing, procurement and logistics management.
- Coordinates and collaborates with a variety of stakeholders; including clinicians, professional/administrative peers, suppliers, intermediaries, third-party service providers, and customers.
- Identifies specific requirements for money, manpower, material, facilities, and services needed to support the program and correlating those requirements with program plans to assure needed support is provided at right time and place.
- Plans forecasts and executes budget for supplies, subsistence, durable medical equipment, medical gases, expendable/non-expendable and capital equipment, inventory management, warehouse operations, transportation, and distribution.
- Serves as the senior logistics official to coordinate support, answer questions and resolve logistical problems, working through subordinate staff to ensure that equipment, supply, and service requirements of those administrations are addressed. Regular meetings, engagement, communications, etc. are conducted with leadership to ensure that their unique logistics needs and requirements are being met.
- Responsible for providing expert technical and analytical advice to the Medical Center Director, Associate Director(s), and the Chief of Staff respectively in matters relating to all logistics and supply chain matters. Coordinates communication within the logistics community, within network, between networks, and between agencies.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 4:30pm
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Supervisory Logistics Management Specialist/PD089130
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582834700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.