This position is part of VISN 23 HR Modernization and is responsible for technical review of all personnel actions, resolving issues in DCIPS and REMEDY, and processing (PRO) actions in HRSmart to ensure compliance with regulations and interpretation of the organization's Personnel Accountability, HR policies and procedures; provides analysis of technical issues and support to management and operations in program execution and communications.Learn more about this agency
Major duties and responsibilities of the position include but may not be limited to:
- Provides independent and sound judgement to perform complex, sensitive, project work characterized by a high degree of difficulty related to the Technical Review Management of Personnel Actions Request (PAR) within the Human Resources Management Service applicable database (HR Smart).
- Serves as a technical reviewer for all personnel actions to include reviewing and releasing actions.
- In this capacity, the incumbent conducts research and completes analysis to recommend improvements regarding all HRSmart functional areas.
- Incumbents will be responsible for reviewing and entering REMEDY help tickets for all issues including complex accession issues, pay discrepancies and corrections, and benefits corrections.
- Develops reporting procedures, trending analysis, and measurements at various points in processes to identify problem areas or inherent weaknesses in work processes, procedures, and information systems.
- Applies knowledge of HR laws and management programs, requirements of HR functional specialties, and overall HR management practices to complete assigned work, process corrections and assist other HR staff with training needs.
- Incumbent reviews and analyzes work to create a standard process for the entire network and provides training to standardize PAR actions, follow up codes, and license recording across the network.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, Administrative Hours
Compressed/Flexible: Not available
Telework: Ad Hoc
Virtual: Not available
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Info Mgmt) - Technical Reviewer/PD99996A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: No
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582832800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.