The Senior Physician Lead for Integrative Health, Research & Evaluation and Education (IHR&EE) here forth referred to as Sr. Physician Lead IHR&EE is a full-time clinician position that reports to the Executive Director, Office of Patient Centered Care & Cultural Transformation (OPCC&CT). This position is also responsible for overseeing the education and research activities of OPCC&CT.Learn more about this agency
The Sr Physician Lead IHR&EE is a key leader within the OPCC&CT Senior Management team and is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of VHA's Integrative Health Coordinating Center (IHCC) which will serve to advance Integrative Health across the VA. This individual must combine experience in health systems leadership with advanced training and leadership in Integrative Health. The Sr Physician Lead - IHR&EE will lead VHA's development of its Integrative Health operational effort and will work within the OPCC&CT, partnering with Centers of Innovation, Program Offices and field facilities, to guide and support the development of Integrative Health throughout VHA. This includes the development of policies, procedures and guidance addressing areas such as: clinical processes, workload capture, billing, human resources, etc. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing/Leading the IHCC, advancing system-wide implementation of Integrative Health across the VHA.
- Leading the Whole Health Education Program.
- Co-Leading the Whole Health Research and Evaluation Program.
- Developing innovative policy with Patient Care Services and other key program offices regarding integrative approaches across existing staff (e.g. nurses, physicians, pharmacists, social work, psychologists, creative arts therapists) and new Integrative Health staff (e.g. licensed acupuncturists and massage therapists).
- Facilitating and serving as the subject matter expert to develop new position series, credentialing & privileging, qualification standards and supervisor of these staff may be hired across service lines in multiple setting (inpatient, outpatient, CLC).
- Identifying necessary policy, legal, and legislative change to current Credential & Privileging, Licensure, Registration, Certification and other Human Resource standards and processes for VA practitioners to provide Integrative Health services and self-care education to those enrolled in VHA.
- Leading the development of modifications necessary to Medical Benefits Package and its provisions to provide Integrative Health for health, wellbeing and treatment in VHA.
- Consulting with the Office of General Counsel to determine existing provisions for providing Integrative Health Care services in support of health and well-being and as part of a comprehensive plan of care.
- Leading the evaluation of the impact of Integrative Health services, including prevention and wellbeing, in Veterans Equitable Resource Allocation (VERA) reimbursement model and propose necessary changes in methodology to incorporate Integrative Health strategies into this system.
- Developing metrics to establish baseline data and conduct periodic assessments of the progress in implementing the clinical aspects of Integrative Health across the system, to include using existing data systems, working with the Office of Quality and Performance, and the Office of Research.
- Collaborating with the Office of Academic Affiliations and EES to enhance clinician's and learner's knowledge and implementation of Integrative Healthcare across the system, in alignment with other existing education.
- Establishing key national networks to provide input and guidance to Integrative Health to leaders across the VHA as well as expertise from industry and academic leaders.
- Representing VA and its Integrative Health efforts, speaking at national and international conferences, conducting public presentations, publicizing the effort, and "branding" the VHA approach in both public and private sector venues.
- Building coalitions and networks across the VA to create and accelerate momentum of system wide implementation of Integrative Health by applying a broad knowledge of systems and healthcare administration, business management and public policy.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: This is a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: May Be Authorized for highly qualified applicants
PCS Expenses: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Designated Drug-Testing Position: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position to attend meetings and training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582830700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.