As a Community Care RN you collaborate with services internal or external to the VA to provide care coordination for Veterans requiring primary and specialty services. The RN will process consults utilizing clinical judgement and VA guidelines to determine if services can be provided in-house, via Tele-health or E-consult, inter-facility or if they need to be referred for Care in the Community.Learn more about this agency
You will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide patient and family education to facilitate successful participation in accessing health care.
- Plan, design, integrate, implement, modify, and evaluate the effectiveness of the services provided as it relates to VA care in the community.
- Provide clinical guidance and expertise for the coordination of the various care options available to the Veteran.
- Organize and Coordinate the clinical components for the authorization of services in response to individual healthcare needs.
- Provide technical, administrative and logistical support to Veterans and their family members, VA staff, and non-VA health care providers to effectively manage the care of Veterans.
- Coordinate services with PACT and external stakeholders to facilitate coordination of care to ensure timely access to healthcare services.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582825500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.