As a HR Specialist (ER/LR) for employee/labor relations, assigned to the Strategic Business Unit, you will be responsible for providing quality customer and consultative service and expert technical advice and assistance to management officials related to employee and labor relations program.Learn more about this agency
Opportunity is being re-advertised due to a change in the area of consideration. Applicants who applied under CAZN-10862251-20-CWB must apply to this announcement to receive proper consideration.
Please read each section thoroughly to ensure all required information is included in your application packet. Follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment. You will not be contacted for additional information.
The duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical guidance, information, and assistance to management and senior leadership officials on sensitive, serious, and controversial employee relations issues regarding employees in a wide variety of occupations, including Title 5 General Schedule (GS) and Wage Grade (WG), professional and non-professional, and Title/Hybrid Title 38.
- Assisting in the analysis of union and management proposals during impact and implementation bargaining.
- Managing reasonable suspicion drug testing program.
- Conducting probationary/trial period terminations/removals.
- Participating in face to face meetings - grievance meetings, oral replies, etc.
- Presenting briefings and/or training sessions to management pertaining to ER/LR topics (e.g. performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Responding to inquiries and procedures for disciplinary actions, grievances, and appeals concerning timeliness, documentation, and other requirements.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Telework: NOT Available
Virtual: This is NOT a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Emp Rel/Lab Rel)/PD99976A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: May be authorized for a HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582823600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.