This position is located at the Traverse City, Michigan Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC), which is aligned under the Aleda E. Lutz VA Medical Center in Saginaw, Michigan.Learn more about this agency
Psychologists diagnose mental disorders, conduct psychological assessments, treat mental disorders through a variety of modalities and provide adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Providing individual, family, and group psychotherapy modalities
- Conducts interviews, uses rating scales, questionnaires or other measurement devices or observes the patient to assess emotional, functional or psychological condition
- Consulting with medical center staff on a wide variety of patient care issues
- Based on data gathered during the assessment, plans an appropriate clinical treatment for individual patients
- Conceptualizes, develops and presents detailed treatment plans for full range of psychological services for a specialized unit or an entire location
- Program evaluation and/or research activities
- Administering a wide variety of individual psychological tests using a variety of intelligence and personality assessment measures
- Providing expert consultation to other units or organizations with regards to psychological care and treatment of patients
- Providing evaluative support to a large population of clients affiliated with the installation or for a particular client base
Some evenings, weekends and/or holidays may be required.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582821100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.