The VAPSHCS is hiring temporary PACT RN Care Manager's to assist with COVID 19 Response. The incumbents will primarily support Primary Care PACT services and may float to other areas to support the care of veterans throughout the facility. Other care areas include, but not limited to, inpatient, long-term care, and non-traditional care settings (i.e. outdoor tents and mobile medical units).Learn more about this agency
Pay: Competitive salary, regular salary increases.
Paid Time Off: Annual leave at the rate of eight (8) hours per biweekly pay period; Sick leave at the rate of four (4) hours per biweekly pay period; 10 paid Federal holidays per year.
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years' vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA.
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement).
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform duties to support VAPSHCS COVID 19 Emergency Response.
- Care for COVID 19 patients in ambulatory and/or acute settings.
- The Registered Nurse Care Manager (RNCM) is responsible for organizing and directing team members to achieve desirable patient outcomes through day-to-day and/ or telephonic case management.
- The RNCM functions in the Women's Health Clinic which utilizes a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) model. The RNCM uses the nursing process and evidence-based practice to collaborate with the Core Team in developing the patient-driven care plan.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge in assessing, planning, implementing documenting and evaluating care for a designated group of patients across the continuum of care.
- Triage and apply a collaborative team approach in identifying, analyzing and resolving patient care problems.
- Collaborates with patients to assess and identify needs, issues, care goals and resources in critical factors for achieving desired outcomes for discharge, post hospital recovery and health maintenance/wellness.
- Maintains current knowledge of multidisciplinary resources, programs and services, referring patients for community resources as appropriate.
- Utilizes problem-solving methodologies and advances clinical knowledge to resolve system and/or processes that impact patient care.
- Assists with navigation of health systems and intervenes or refers as needed to facilitate the achievement of patient outcomes.
- Provides care, respecting patient's personal values, cultural and belief systems.
- Assists with the development, assessment, and monitoring/ evaluation of comprehensive plans of care to ensure efficient, effective, and coordinated care in meeting and promoting standards of wellness.
- Coordinates an interdisciplinary approach to assure physical, psycho-social, and environmental needs and resource delivery to achieve patient goals.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment / Relocation Incentive: Not Authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582816100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.