You will serve under the general supervision of the Director, Office of Consumer Information and will be responsible for developing and executing consumer information campaigns addressing a variety programs to reduce injuries and fatalities resulting from motor vehicle-related crashes. The individual develops marketing campaigns and consumer information programs that focus on both behavioral and vehicle safety issues.
As a Marketing Specialist, you will:
- Assist in the development and implementation of consumer information materials, messaging campaigns, supports social norming initiatives, creates social media messaging, and plans media events to support program activities.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with other agency offices, national organizations, State and local governments and other constituents.
- Develop sound project budgets supporting communication initiatives, activities, and national media campaigns.
- Communicate and represent the Division at meetings or through correspondence.
- Provide technical assistance to States, communities, national organizations, and traffic safety professionals on communication campaigns and tactics that support traffic safety marketing programs.
The ideal candidate for this growth-potential position is driven, reliable, inspired, with the talent to create innovative marketing and advertising campaigns that influence behavior changes. The incumbent can demonstrate creative advertising, marketing, analytic, and program management skills with the ability to create captivating advertising campaigns that are memorable and recalled by the target audiences for which the campaigns are designed. The candidate has had experience with qualitative and quantitative market research, creative development, partnership development, and management of complex projects. The incumbent is resourceful and excels in managing projects with time sensitive deadlines. The ideal candidate is the consummate team member who works cooperatively and effectively as part of highly adaptable, energetic marketing team who eagerly accepts challenging assignments and projects.
Occasional travel - Some travel will be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582778400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.