The Registered Nurse in the Step-Down Unit is responsible for administering, monitoring, documenting, and evaluating therapeutic interventions and regimens specific to Step-Down Unit Patients.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible and accountable for the management of population groups or programs within the Progressive Care or Medical Center to optimize patient care, patient safety and operational efficiency.
- Responsible for development of strategies to actively manage patient care and follow up if necessary.
- Lead and organize delivery of care to assure continuity of care and peer accountability for practice, including access to care and discharge planning.
- Collect and analyze data related to patient population, report findings and make recommendation for improvement.
- Advances the health care of the progressive care patient through administration, education, research and theory-based clinical practice.
- Collaborate with administrative and clinical staff in actively managing and planning for actual and potential needs of patient population groups.
- Diagnose, monitor, and treat patient responses to life-threatening health problem and coordinate the care delivered by various health care providers.
- Assess patient's potential for wellness and responses to various treatment strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: 7:30pm-8:00am; Rotating Weekends and Holidays (subject to change based on agency needs)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582763100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.