The Dental Practice at the Wilmington VA Medical Center in Wilmington, DE is currently recruiting for a skilled and experienced full-time Dentist. The Dentist will meet with patients, assess their dental health, perform scheduled cleanings, handle complex procedures, such as root canals, extractions, and oral surgery, and work with other staff members, such as dental hygienists and assistants, to provide our clients with quality dental services.Learn more about this agency
Duties and Responsibilities of the Dentist include, but are not limited to:
- Meets with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns, performs regular cleanings and other preventative procedures, and establishes a plan for better dental hygiene
- Performs dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and fills cavities
- Corrects bite issues and overcrowding
- Applies helpful agents to teeth, such as sealants or whiteners
- Prescribes medications for dental problems, such as pain medications or antibiotics
- Gives clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering treatments
- Orders diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, etc.
- Uses tools, such as drills, probes, brushes, or mirrors, to examine and treat teeth and mouth
- Keeps records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them
- Manages and communicates with other staff members to provide care to patients
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 4:30 PM
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582748300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.