The incumbent serves as a Pharmacy Technician at the Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks, Pharmacy Department. He/she may be assigned to any area of the pharmacy including expanded distributive function assignments.Learn more about this agency
Vacancy extended - Initial reviews will be conducted the week of November 16th.
Current Permanent Federal Employees apply to Vacancy CBST-10946649-21-LA
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Correctly reads, interprets, fills and dispenses prescriptions according to established guidelines and VA policy after appropriate pharmacist review;
- Inventories and replenishes emergency carts with a pharmacist review;
- Collects drug use evaluation data for quality improvement purposes;
- Operate and maintain pharmacy dispensing/pre-packing equipment;
- Compounds and/or reconstitutes IV, oral, topical or external medications with a pharmacist review;
- Answer questions from pharmacy and non-pharmacy personnel regarding drug distribution;
- Assist in total quality improvement activities by participating in medical center and service process assessment and action teams and continually seeks to improve services;
- Conduct monthly ward inspections of patient care areas as assigned;
- Maintains, verifies, stocks, and replaces outdated or short dated medications in patient care areas;
- Monitors inventory needs in patient care areas, relays this information to the Pharmacy Supply Technician.
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m., may include nights, weekends and holidays (Subject to change based upon agency needs)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582748000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.