The Salem Veterans Affairs Medical Center is looking for an Assistant Nurse Manager, RN (ANM) in the fast paced Operating Room. The ANM is directly responsible to the Nurse Manager and will demonstrate leadership in developing and implementing programs that improve the management and delivery of patient care in the specialty clinics and provides direct and indirect patient care, mentoring of new staff, consultation and collaboration with the healthcare team.Learn more about this agency
Area of Consideration: This position is open to employees of the Department of Veterans Affairs only.
Major duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Works collaboratively with the Nurse Manager (NM) and functions as the supervisor and assumes accountability for the operation of a designated unit to include management, supervision and evaluation of care delivered by nursing and other allied health care staff in the Operating Room (OR) during working hours.
- Creates a positive work environment which enhances care delivery and professional development of clinically competent staff.
- Promotes, creates and demonstrates and ensures a culturally diverse workforce in which the values and needs of all individuals are respected.
- Responsible for the activities that are needed to facilitate the running of the entire operating room department in an efficient manner
- Assists the Nurse Manager with performance measures or utilization criteria to include, but are not limited to: daily assignments, staffing methodology, staff time and attendance verification, environmental factors, and confirmation that policies and procedures are followed.
- Serves as role model, coaches and mentors, and supports staff in critical thinking regarding professional nursing practice as well as efficiency and accuracy in assessing and managing situations.
- Responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and determines the appropriate delegation of tasks consistent with the nurse's obligation to provide optimal care (ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses).
- Listens to and honors patient and family perspectives and choices. Patient and family knowledge, values, beliefs, and cultural backgrounds are incorporated into the planning and delivery of care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner (Patient and Family Centered Care).
- Leads within a framework of a High Reliability Organization with a culture of safety founded on a systems approach to developing health care solutions based on prevention, not punishment, with collective mindfulness.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582746400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.