The VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System is recruiting for a Medical Support Assistant (Advanced) Home Based Primary Care. The Medical Support Assistant (Advanced) will function at the Mansfield VA Outpatient Clinic under Homebased Primary Care within Community Outpatient Service.Learn more about this agency
Advanced Medical Support Assistant's duties include:
- Entering progress notes, assessments and encounters for Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Social Worker, and Physical Therapist/Occupational Therapist and Dietitian.
- Validating all progress notes and assessments are entered into CPRS by comparing daily visit calendar/CRPS with HBPC visit report.
- Managing a team by independently utilizing reference sources, making decisions, and empowering the team to collaborate and resolve problems.
- Inputting Home Based Primary Care admissions, rejections and discharge forms into VISTA.
- Ensuring all written communication is grammatically and structurally accurate.
- Drafting correspondence.
- Providing reminders to assure timely visits.
- Answering the phone to provide assistance to the patients and VA staff.
- Acting as point of contact for HBPC team. Screens calls for team members; contacts them or relays messages as needed.
- Developing and maintaining the patient roster, IDTP list, HHA list, consult tracking list and discharge list.
- Updating and distributing Home Based Primary Care patient roster and IDTP (interdisciplinary treatment planning) schedule team members weekly.
- Verifying coding of encounters for each patient is correct prior to Home Based Primary Care discharge.
- Assisting Veterans with eligibility requirements for Home Based Primary Care program and explains program structure as requested
- Updating patient's financial information (means test), address, phone number, etc., into VISTA yearly and as changes occur.
- Verifying HBPC consults for their team are completed and closed in a timely manner.
- Generating monthly workload and quality reports.
- Submitting data for scanning into CPRS medical record.
- Attending monthly Home Based Primary Care staff meeting and Medical Support Assistant secondary meeting.
- Demonstrating proficiency in developing and programming Excel worksheets and graphs
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582745500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.