This VIRTUAL position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA), Mid-Atlantic Health Care Network (VISN 6), Durham VA Medical Center, Fiscal Service Durham, NC. The Budget Analyst supports the VA mission by applying budget analysis theory, concepts, methods and procedures connected with the budget formulation, and execution of VA's particular programs, systems, procedures, functions, and structure of the supported organizational component.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but not limited to the following:
- Ability to formulate long and short-range budget plans, administer and execute a budget related to utilization of resources.
- Ability to perform work being conscientious and attention to detail.
- Ability to identify budgetary problems and recommend solutions by utilizing quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Skill in managing reimbursable funding for an organization.
- Plan, administer, and monitor expenditures to ensure cost-effective support of programs and policies.
- Tracks the collection of funds and reports on expenditures for a variety of activities.
- Prepare and analyze budget plans and projections
- .Skill in utilizing databases and spreadsheets, which require effective analysis of statistical and technical data and/or information from different sources.
- Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity.
- Foster commitment and team spirit; works with others to achieve goals.
- Ability to show understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern, and politeness to others.
Compressed/Flexible: NOT AVAILABLE
Virtual: THIS IS A VIRTUAL POSITION
Position Description/PD#: Budget Analyst/PD06021A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: NOT AUTHORIZED
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582745400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.