***THE POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE CLINICAL ENGINEERING SERVICE LOCATED AT THE WEST HAVEN CAMPUS***Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
The Supervisory Clinical Engineer is responsible for assisting the Chief of Clinical Engineering in the hospital-wide Clinical Engineering Program serving all Services throughout the VA Connecticut Healthcare System.
Supports and advances patient care by applying engineering and managerial skills to healthcare technology as demonstrated by the following major responsibilities:
- Responsibility for an equipment management program that meets current JCAHO and NFPA requirements. The breadth of technology is typical of a tertiary care and university-affiliated institution.
- Supervises Clinical Engineers and Biomedical Equipment Support Specialists on the Networking Team. Instructs physicians, clinicians and other equipment operators in correct equipment application and in operator-level maintenance of networked medical equipment. This includes a curriculum that addresses the safe and effective use of medical equipment and/or technology at both the formal/informal levels.
- Manages the Maintenance program and Networked Medical Device Database (NMDD) for networked medical devices, including medical device incident investigations to assure compliance with patient safety goals, SMDA, and JCAHO requirements.
- Serves as advisor to senior clinical and leadership staff on medical engineering technology (including existing and emerging technology) addressing viability, long-term suitability, compatibility, and/or safety.
- Conducts capital asset and infrastructure planning for medical equipment spanning initial concept, installation, and effective implementation of complex medical equipment.
- Serves as institutional expert who directly supports the most complex and specialized networked clinical technology including service, system administration, training, and quality assurance
- Serves as a consultant to the Chief Clinical Engineer and is administratively under the Chief Clinical Engineer. The incumbent directly consults with the Medical and Administrative staff on principles and practices which relate to Clinical Engineering.
- Initiates, plans, organizes, and implements new networked medical device programs and projects that affect the department. Examples of new technology are Backup/ Disaster recovery system (NETAPP/COMMVAULT), ICU electronic flowsheet systems (Essentris), telemedicine, PACS, Virtual Servers, networked medical systems, etc
- Extensively involved in Quality Assurance and Continuous Quality Management.
- Oversees the development of technical data estimates, statistics and other information used by upper management to determine goals and objectives emphasizing the management of technology and the delivery of health care services.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582742200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.