The purpose of the position is to serve as an Advanced Medical Support Assistant (MSA), also known as Health Benefits Advisor, to the Health Eligibility Center (HEC). The position is aligned under the Chief, Business Operations (BusOps) within the Health Administration Service (HAS).Learn more about this agency
- The primary responsibility for interviewing patients applying for medical benefits, co-pay exemption testing, Income Verification Match for Veterans, and making determination of eligibility and priority placement. Processes New Enrollee Application Requests (NEAR).
- Verifies eligibility/entitlement for benefits of all applicants using various methods including income assessments (means test), military discharge documents (DD214), computer hospital inquiry (HINQ), Veterans Information Solution (VIS) and other means, such as communications with VA Regional Office or VA Records Processing Centers.
- Staff in Eligibility and Enrollment are responsible for loading all employees, new to SAVAHCS, in to VISTA. This must be accomplished during their pre-employment process to allow for Occupational Health scheduling of physicals.
- Will also assure that all new veterans to the system are registered within 5 days of receipt of their application. New eligible applicants will immediately be scheduled into their first new patient appointment at the appropriate facility in relation to their area of residence, and will have their Veterans Identification Care (VIC) picture taken.
- In the performance of official duties, the employee has regular access to printed and electronic files containing sensitive data which must be protected under the provisions of the Privacy Act of 1974 and other applicable laws, federal regulations, VA statutes and policy, and VHA procedures. The employee is responsible for (1) protecting those data from unauthorized release of form loss, alteration, or unauthorized deletion, and (2) following applicable regulations and instructions regarding access to computerized files and user ADP security as set out in the computer access agreement which the employee signs.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582732400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.