This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.Learn more about this agency
This position is for a Registered Nurse (RN) on all units of the Richmond VA Medical Center. RN is directly responsible to the Nurse Manager and will be accountable for the provision of direct patient care and for the delivery of quality nursing care to a culturally diverse population with complex needs. Must possess knowledge and skills to effectively apply all aspects of the nursing process.
Positions will be open to various units throughout the Medical Center.
The following duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides a full range of nursing care to patients with complex care needs utilizing the nursing process.
- Completes initial assessments and reassessments· of patient's condition and response to treatment; initiates follow-up as needed.
- Assesses patients' learning needs; develops and implements a plan to meet needs and instructs patients and families in self-care and treatment measures; modifies approach as indicated.
- Participates in discharge planning and provides _continuity of care through developing an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care in collaboration with the patient, family and health care team; involves community resources as appropriate.
- Administers prescribed therapies using appropriate judgment.
- Administers medications in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Accurately documents in the medical record patient findings, assessments, and care provided.
- Effectively functions as the Charge Nurse, Team Leader or other leadership role that guides and directs others who provide patient care.
- Practices in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner and is sensitive to diversity.
- Demonstrates knowledge and compliance of the Ethical Resolution Process.
- Acts as a patient advocate when patient self-determination is in question.
- Serves as a resource and provides accurate information to patients and other staff when ethical issues arise.
- Assumes responsibility/accountability for all professional decisions/actions.
- Provides compassionate care, respecting patients' personal values and belief system.
Work Schedule: Full Time, Temporary
Tour of Duty: All Shifts
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582716600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.