The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated individual to serve as the General Counsel.Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) may be used to fill other General Counsel, ES-0905-00 positions within the FRTIB in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
The major duties of the position are:
- Advises the named fiduciaries of the Thrift Savings Plan (the Members and the Executive Director of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB)) concerning their fiduciary and other legal duties and responsibilities under the Federal Employees' Retirement System Act of 1986 (FERSA), as amended.
- Provides advice to the Executive Director and the staff of the FRTIB and its contractors concerning the proper interpretation of the provisions of FERSA and other applicable laws and regulations in administering the TSP.
- Provides advice to the Executive Director and the staff of the FRTIB concerning issues arising from the FRTIB's status as an independent agency within the Executive Branch of the United States.
- Interprets laws and regulations relating to human resources, contracts, ethics, computer security, and the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts. Oversees ethics and Privacy Act training to the named fiduciaries, FRTIB staff, and contractor personnel.
- Serves as the Senior Agency Official for Privacy (SAOP).
- Provides advice concerning applicability of and compliance with laws, regulations, Executive Orders, OMB Memoranda, and other materials as they relate to FRTIB and TSP operations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582671400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.