The VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System (VAGLAHS) is seeking a highly skilled Registered Nurse to serve in our Outpatient Mental Health Clinics. The Staff Nurse utilizes the nursing process to assess, coordinate, facilitate and deliver nursing care for patients utilizing the nursing process. Provides direct and indirect nursing care to patients and families. Accountable for adhering lo established polices for standards of care and standards of practice.Learn more about this agency
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Must be poised and articulate in communicating with people of varied educational levels and varied ethnic backgrounds.
- Makes curing for the veteran his/her priority while in the work setting and demonstrates customer service principles in all aspects of work.
- Expected to accomplish all mandated annual training programs and following orientation to this position, rotate to other clinical areas.
- Evaluates and documents patient response to interventions and progress towards attainment of goals and expected outcomes.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own nursing judgments and actions
- Acts as a patient advocate when patient self-determination is questioned.
- Recognizes ethical problems and serves as a resource and/or consultant to patients, families, or staff and other health care providers on ethical issues.
- Must maintain access to Accucheck and use keycards and Omni cell access appropriately.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with non-VA providers and vendors.
- Provides the customer with consistent information according to established policies and procedures.
- Handles conflict and problems in dealing with the customer constructively und appropriately.
- Responsible for implementing Patient-Centered Care principles in his/her work area.
- Collaborates in a team-oriented, customer-driven, professional environment to promote access and coordination of care; educate and empower patients and their families;
- Enhance the customer experience with positive interactions; and promote the coordination, continuity and integration of care.
- Demonstrates flexibility, integrity and accountability that emphasizes excellence and quality.
- Uses equipment correctly and accurately interprets data.
- Recognizes subtle changes in patient's condition and responds timely, choosing the correct interventions.
- Demonstrates evidence of critical thinking skills in identifying. analyzing and resolving patient care problems on the unit.
- Initiates and implements an interdisciplinary plan of care based on assessments.
- Performs ongoing assessment of patient condition and response to treatment.
- Provides leadership in establishing goals, evaluating the plan of care, and in discharge planning.
- Initiates referrals to other disciplines and/or services as appropriate.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8-hour Day Shift with work days/hours flexibility required as patient care needs require. This position has 24-hour accountability.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a Virtual Position
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582645500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.