The position is responsible for the technical/quality review of personnel actions, processing mass personnel actions as a result of HRIS Bulletins, HT38 conversions, O&E and CARDS audits, conducting pay audits, conducting employee record audits, resolving issues through DCIPS and REMEDY, and processing all cancellation and correction actions in HR Smart to ensure compliance with regulations and interpretation of the organization's Personnel Accountability, HR policies and procedures.Learn more about this agency
*** Non-Bargaining Position ***
Join the VISN 17: VA Heart of Texas Health Care Network as a team leader over a group of Technical Reviewer Human Resources Specialists. You will be responsible for assigning, monitoring, and reviewing the work performed by subordinate team members. Ensure that the organization's mission and vision are communicated to the team and integrated into the team's goals, work plans, and work products. You will articulate and communicate to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and deadlines. Identifies, distributes and balances workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established workflow, skill level and/or occupational specialization and adjusting to accomplish the workload in accordance with established priorities to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned team tasks. You will also provide advice on work methods, practices and procedures, and assist the team and/or individual members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution.
- Trains or arranges for the training of team members in methods and techniques of technical skills and team building and working in teams to accomplish tasks or projects;
- Coaches team members in the selection of problem-solving methods and techniques, provides advice on work methods and procedures and assists team members in identifying factors needed to resolve problems;
- Reviews all facets of work for all areas of HR including Staffing, ER/LR, Benefits, etc. across all medical centers within the VISN.
- Serves as a technical reviewer for all personnel actions to include reviewing and releasing actions.
- Reviews and enters REMEDY help tickets for all issues including complex accession issues, pay discrepancies and corrections, and benefits corrections.
- Develops reporting procedures, trending analysis, and measurements at various points in processes to identify problem areas or inherent weaknesses in work processes, procedures, and information systems.
Telework: May be offered for a Highly Qualified individual
Virtual: May be offered for a Highly Qualified individual
Position Description/PD#: Lead Human Resources Specialist (Technical Reviewer)/PD99852A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582642800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.