This position is located in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD (R&E)). TheLearn more about this agency
USD(R&E) serves as the Chief Technology Officer and is responsible for research, development, and prototyping activities within the Department of Defense (DoD).
Incumbent typical work assignments may include the following:
- Functions as the Developmental, Test, Evaluation & Assessments (DTE&A) Deputy for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance/Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (C4ISR/NC3).
- Leads a Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) and Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) team, along with outside experts, proficient in a breadth of technical disciplines. These include developmental test & evaluation, systems engineering, software engineering, technology analysis, system development & integration, manufacturing, and system reliability, availability & maintainability.
- Provides developmental test and evaluation, engineering, and independent technical risk assessments that accurately evaluate the technical performance & technology, engineering, and integration maturity of C4ISR/NC3 acquisition programs in support of critical OSD and Service program decisions. Coordinates submission of assessment reports to OUSD(A&S), OUSD(R&E), and Service Program Executive Offices, and participates in supporting senior DoD leadership forums.
- Prepares DoD responses to Congressional inquiries, General Accounting Office Findings and Recommendations Reports, and other similar audit agency reports as assigned.
- Conducts systems engineering and development test and evaluation special studies and reviews as assigned.
- Serves as a principal advisor to the USD(R&E) Deputy Director of Engineering for Department of Defense (DoD) nuclear enterprise command & control modernization and governance.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582587600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.