This position is located in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD (R&E)). The Deputy Director, Engineering Tools and Environments (ETE), assists the Director, ETE in guiding the Department in implementing digital engineering methods, processes, and tools to improve outcomes in support of maintaining and increasing technical dominance per the National Defense Strategy.Learn more about this agency
Incumbent typical work assignments may include the following:
- Serves as subject matter expert on the use of models, simulations, and simulation results as enabling concepts and capabilities throughout the engineering process. Leads coordination with the full spectrum of users of models and simulations to identify common challenges and develop cross-cutting solutions.
- Organizes, and facilitates a DoD-wide community of practice around model and simulation methods, processes and applications to answer challenges, ensuring that innovations and best practices are identified and/or developed, and communicated across the department.
- Guides enterprise-level integration, synchronization, funding and development of tools and techniques required for the complete application of the entire spectrum of models, simulations and simulation results as an enabler for the modeling and simulation stakeholder community.
- Provides guidance to ensure departmental policy, guidance, and standards related to model and simulation application are current, relevant, integrated into engineering initiatives, and support engineering effectiveness.
- Promotes workforce development for new initiatives in model and simulation use.
- May include representing DoD positions and interests in relevant national and international meetings, bodies, or panels dealing with innovation in use of models and simulations as enabling technologies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582581300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.