The Social Security Administration (SSA) is accepting applications from people who wish to be considered for employment under its Selective Placement Program. SSA seeks to recruit and hire applicants with targeted disabilities by aiding these individuals in obtaining employment consistent with their level of skills and abilities. Such disabilities include severe physical, cognitive, or emotional disabilities.Learn more about this agency
For more about Schedule A and eligibility requirements, please refer to this guide.
- Your application will be placed into a pool of individuals with disabilities for evaluation and referral to selecting officials for non-competitive hiring.
- You may be contacted by interested selecting officials and asked to interview.
- We will not be able to provide status updates other than the receipt of your application via an acknowledgement email from USAStaffingOffice@opm.gov.
- You may update your application at any time until the closing date.
- This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies at any time without notification, in any series or grade. Typical job opportunities within SSA can include, but are not limited to, the following occupations:
- Administrative Support: Staff and Executive Assistants, Management Analysts
- Facilities and Physical Security: Physical Security Specialists, Safety and Occupational Health Specialists, Architects, Supply Specialists and Inventory Management Specialists, Mechanical, Industrial, and Electrical Engineers
- Finance and Accounting: Financial Management Analysts, Accountants, Budget Analysts, IT Specialists
- Human Resources: Management Analysts, Human Resource Specialists, Employee and Labor Relations Specialists, Equal Opportunity Specialists
- Information Technology
- Legal: Legal Support, Legal Assistants, Paralegal Specialist, Paralegal Analysts, Paralegal Specialists (Decision Writers), General Attorneys
- Public Contact: Claims Specialists, Customer Service Representatives, Benefit Authorizers
- Maintenance: Plumbers, Pipefitters, Carpenters, Electricians, Motor Vehicle Operators, Automotive Workers, Utility Systems Repairer-Operators, Materials Handlers, Distribution Facilities Electricians, Maintenance Inspectors
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582551700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.