The position is located in the Office of Contracting and Personal Property Management (OCON & PPM), Smithsonian Institution, and functions as the Associate Director for Federal and Trust Contracting in the Procurement Division.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as the Associate Director for the Procurement Division for OCon&PPM, providing leadership, direction, management and supervision of the division. Plans for and manages ongoing operations of the office’s contracting and procurement functions
- Plan for, manage and oversee a staff of contract specialists engaged in the negotiation, preparation, execution, and administration of contracts for: (1) building maintenance, (2) blanket purchase agreements, (3) a variety of technical services for Smithsonian programs which may include management analysis, auditing, graphics, publishing and distribution, and similar projects, (4) supplies and equipment.
- Review, negotiate and resolve claims and disputes
- Plan, develop, and execute critical contracting and procurement programs. Provide operating policy and guidance to management officials at various senior levels.
- Analyze, plan, organize, and review contracting and procurement actions in support of the overall program and mission of the Institution and establishes and implements all necessary internal and external policy relating to these areas
- Evaluate acquisition strategies and participates in long-range strategic and organizational plans.
- Review procurement strategy, plans, and techniques for the procurement of systems, programs or services to support the Smithsonian
Occasional travel - Less than 10% domestic travel and 5% international travel
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582521900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.