Learn more about this agency
The Licensed Practical Nurse under Patient Care Services located in Tulsa, OK.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Administers medications accurately and promptly under the general supervision of a registered nurse.
- Demonstrates understanding of the effects and/or reactions caused by medications, treatments and procedures. Records and reports these observations.
- Performs personal care, diagnostic support duties and treatments according to procedure under the direction of the professional nurse in a timely manner.
- Participates and reinforces resources and referrals. Completes assignments in a timely manner with constructive utilization of remaining time.
- Identifies changes in patient condition, both physical and emotional. Demonstrates practical knowledge of human behavior, motivation, and reactions to situations. Reports these in a timely manner and initiates appropriate action.
- Participates in Health Care Team meetings.
- Instructs patients and family members on principles of health, self-care and protocols for treatments and/or medications. Utilizes teaching materials to promote self-reliance and independence including methods to prevent complications and facilitate recovery. Reinforces instruction provided by other health care professionals.
- Clearly and thoroughly records significant observations and actions on appropriate forms.
- Maintains a safe, clean, therapeutic environment and adheres to infection control guidelines.
- Prevents injury to self and others by complying with established safety procedures and uses proper body mechanics and transfer techniques.
- Participates in accomplishing unit maintenance takes which includes checking equipment to ensure that is functioning safely.
- Practices proper technique during sterile procedures.
- Demonstrates safe work habits, identifies and immediately reports any unsafe conditions to the registered nurse.
- Identifies any life threatening environmental hazards immediately, takes appropriate action, and reports findings to the registered nurse.
Work Schedule: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm and occasional weekends.
Financial Discloser Report: Not required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582503500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.