CBSU-10946981-21-MCLearn more about this agency
This Registered Nurse position will be a full time position located at Ernest Childers VA Outpatient Clinic. This RN position is will be assigned to our busy Tulsa facility. Our ideal candidate will have strong technical nursing skills as well as case management, and chronic disease management, preferably in ambulatory care/family medicine. This position is directly involved in triaging walk ins, managing and care coordination of a robust panel of assigned patients.
COVID-19 Temporary Position Not to Exceed 04-01-2021
This position is directly involved in triaging walk ins, managing and care coordination of a robust panel of assigned patients, reviewing and monitoring lab results, medications, and hospital discharge/ER telephone follow ups.
Work Schedule: Day shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Delivers fundamental knowledge-based care to assigned patients while developing technical competencies
- Completes initial assessments and reassessments of assigned patients as directed
- Completes plan of care for patients and updates plan of care based on assessments
- Administers medications in a safe and efficient manner following established policies
- Inserts and manages peripheral intravenous access
- Manages central venous access sites, infusion of continuous fluids and administers IV push medications under direct supervision of preceptor
- Completes admission and discharge of patients/residents in accordance with established unit policies
- Provides patient education and documents the same, reinforcing physician education
- Accurately receives and verifies physician orders
- Follows instructions provided by charge nurse, nurse manager/assistant nurse manager, physician or other supervisory personnel
- Additional duties may be assigned as appropriate by supervisory personnel
Telework schedules: are not authorized for this position
Virtual work schedules: are not authorized for this position
Functional Statement Title/#: Staff Nurse I-III 000000
Status: These positions are part of the bargaining unit
Relocation / Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized for these positions
Relocation Expenses: PCS not authorized for these positions
Designated Drug-Testing Position: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582474200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.