This is advanced professional work providing technical expertise to a team in the Cybersecurity Department. Work includes providing subject matter expert review of team processes/procedures to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness; recommending and optimizing architecture of applicable team technologies and/or tools to achieve maximum effectiveness and efficiency in accomplishing team goals and objectives. Work is performed under the direction of the team Supervisor.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as an internal consultant and advisor in own area of expertise (e.g., technology, tools, standards, best practices, processes, etc.).
- Supports assigned supervisor on overall enterprise information security architecture with the organization's overall security strategy.
- Advises supervisor on risk levels and security posture.
- Interprets and advises the assigned supervisor on appropriate application of laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to specific issues.
- Interprets patterns of noncompliance to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall effectiveness of the team's cybersecurity mission and objectives.
- Provides support to the assigned supervisor in the development of cyber operations specific indicators measuring success and attainment of team goals and objectives.
- Provides support to the team for planning/developmental forums and working groups as appropriate.
- Develops short-term and strategic training events for the assigned team in conjunction with Supervisor's/Branch Manager's approval.
00 - Yes.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582467400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.