This position will manage, direct and oversee the implementation and sustainment of a Local Recovery program at Hampton VAMC. It is the responsibility of the LRC to promote a culture of care within the VA that removes barriers and stigma that may be associated with mental illness. The LRC functions as a champion and advocate for the recovery model and services as part of the Mental Health & Behavioral Sciences Leadership team to ensure that the culture of the facility is recovery-oriented.Learn more about this agency
Major Duties Include:
- Develop facility recovery education plans for providers and veterans and their families.
- Develop and implement recovery-based programs and processes as well as monitor outcomes using data-driven quality assurance processes.
- Serve as a liaison between the National Recovery Program, the Local Recovery Program, and individuals seeking treatment.
- Responsible for timely completions of all program evaluations and documents required by the Medical Center or healthcare system, VISN and VACO, ensuring compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies and monitoring entities, as appropriate.
- Train graduate or post-graduate trainees as appropriate.
- Provide a full range of therapeutic interventions including evidenced based and recovery oriented individual and group psychotherapy.
- Coordinate community-based services, including information and referral for additional services from other VA programs, other government programs and community agency programs.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- English Language Proficiency. Candidates must be proficient in spoken and written English to be appointed as authorized by 38 U.S.C. § 7403(f).
Environmental Factors: Outside; Outside and inside; Excessive heat; Excessive cold; Dust; Fumes, smoke, or gases; Slippery or uneven walking surfaces; Working around moving objects or vehicles, Working closely with others; Working alone; Possible exposure to infectious disease in patients homes.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582455300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.