The Medical Support Assistant (Advanced) for the Kansas City VA Medical Center (KCVAMC) are located within Business Operations Service (BOS). Incumbent works collaboratively to provide a robust interdisciplinary approach to care.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the front line of contact with patients. Sets the tone for the quality of healthcare and services at the VA. Incumbent must utilize a high degree of tact and diplomacy as well as a caring, compassionate and sensitive manner.
- Receives telephone calls in a courteous and timely manner using privacy rules and established clinic processes. Forwards calls to team members as needed and/or take messages as needed.
- Processes first party requests for medical records and written (faxed) requests for medical information from hospitals and/or doctors.
- Identifies incomplete information daily and communicates finds to providers to facilitate accurate workload credit and revenue collection.
- Participates in the daily huddles and weekly meetings with each assigned team for patient care planning and management.
- Sets priorities and deadlines, adjusts the flow and sequencing of work to meet team and patient needs with little supervision.
- Provides administrative support to Physicians, Physician's Assistants, Nurses, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, Dietitians, Social Workers and other administrative and professional staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Functional Statement: Medical Support Assistant (Advanced)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582405200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.