Join one of the 24 Institutes and Centers within the NIH that awards extramural grants! As an extramural Physician (Clinical) you will stimulate, plan, advise, direct, and evaluate program activities for a portfolio of research projects and programs. To learn more about the grants process, types of grant programs, and the peer review process, visit the website for the Office of Extramural Research.Learn more about this agency
- Administer clinical and basic research projects
- Actively collaborate in the planning, development, implementation, and administration of research and training programs, projects, contracts, conferences, and workshops
- Establish goals and objectives for the assigned research area and organize e??orts to initiate pioneering programs and resolve critical issues involving accomplishment of the research
- Evaluate the recommendations of peer review programs
- Work closely with the principal investigator and the awardee institutions as an organizational representative
- Maintain liaison with investigators, institutions, organizations and other government agencies
- Provide independent leadership in research, participating in the overall planning, development, and implementation of policies and procedures related to the extramural program
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582401100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.