Join one of the 24 Institutes and Centers within the NIH that awards extramural grants! As an extramural Supervisory Physician (Research) you will stimulate, plan, advise, direct, and evaluate program activities for a portfolio of research projects and programs. To learn more about the grants process, types of grant programs, and the peer review process, visit the website for the Office of Extramural Research.Learn more about this agency
- Utilize your medical expertise to administer large extramural research grants in a major program area.
- Plan and arrange national and regional seminars and symposia leading to the more rapid dissemination of scientific data and to the correlation and crystallization of knowledge in the scientific areas of expertise.
- Establishes goals and objectives for the assigned research area and organizes efforts to initiate pioneering programs and resolve critical issues involving accomplishment of the research.
- Administers clinical and basic research projects, including clinical trials, supported by the assigned organization.
- Maintains liaison with investigators, institutions, organizations and other government agencies engaged in assigned research activities and related fields
- Evaluates the recommendations of peer review groups.
- Serve as an expert medical resource to within the scientific community
- Provide technical leadership to Extramural research efforts in the design and conduct of research.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582396500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.