The Kansas City VA Medical Center is recruiting for a Supervisory Medical Support Assistant (MSA) for our Office of Community Care department.Learn more about this agency
Telework is available within the commuting area.
This position serves as a Supervisory Medical Support Assistant (MSA) in the Office of Community Care Service at the Kansas City VA Medical Center (KCVAMC). Incumbent is under the supervision of the Associated Chief Nurse of OCC. Incumbent is responsible for directing, coordinating and supervising a variety of administrative and clerical functions necessary to provide quality and timely healthcare to our Veterans.
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assigns and evaluates the work of subordinate staff;
- Identifies educational or training needs;
- Evaluates performance and takes disciplinary action when necessary;
- Prepares written and/or verbal instructions on new and/or revised policies and procedures;
- Provides advice on new clinical support procedures when clinical programs are added or changed;
- Communicates and treats customers in a courteous, tactful and respectful manner.
- Resolves complex problems to ensure patient services are met;
- Maintains current knowledge of new VA rules and regulations on clinical and administrative aspects of available medical care programs;
- Conducts interviews and makes final decisions on selections for new candidates in assigned work area;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: M-F 0730-1600
Functional Statement: Supervisory Medical Support Assistant
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582391000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.