Registered Nurse will report to the Extended Care and Rehabilitation Service Line designated Nurse Manager and will provide, direct, and supervise the delivery of quality nursing care to a culturally diverse Veteran population. This is a 0.3 Float Nurse position, caring for Veterans on the Community Living Center, inpatient mental health unit, medical surgical unit, and assisting the nursing supervisor on off tours.Learn more about this agency
Registered Nurse for the Extended Care and Rehabilitation Service must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively apply all aspects of the nursing process within a collaborative, interdisciplinary practice setting. This broad based knowledge enables the Registered Nurse to:
- Effectively implement health promotion and prevention interventions.
- Manage acute and chronic illness states.
- Assist veterans in the attainment of optimal levels of functioning through rehabilitation.
- Provide supportive measures for the dying patient and significant others.
- Communicate and interact appropriately and courteously with internal and external customers.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient/employee information electronically, verbally, and written.
- Work and function within a safe manner including infection control and operation of equipment.
- Integrate and apply pertinent aspects of the Medical Center performance improvement programs into his/her professional practice
- Utilize nursing research and literature in daily practice.
Work Schedule: 8 hour shifts, 3:00pm-11:30pm (PM shift), rotating weekends and holidays
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. To participate in the program, you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA Policy 1021 and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office. The EDRP Coordinator, Kaley Budge-Meyer, can be reached at Kaley.Budge-Meyer@va.gov.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582365000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.