The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens residing within a 30 mile radius of West Point, NY. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located with West Point MWR Outdoor Recreation (Small Travel Camps and Ski Area).
- Works as an assistant for the Recreation Specialist who makes specific assignments, explains policies and procedures and reviews work for quantity and quality. Job may require work in various facilities.
- Polices interior and exterior areas of building/grounds; performs general housekeeping to make facilities/fields/pools/outdoor courts ready for use. Opens/closes facilities by locking and unlocking doors/windows. Assures security system is operable.
- Issues/receives recreational equipment to authorized users. Collects applicable fees for items issued, accounts for monies collected, safeguards funds, makes daily bank deposits. Inspects equipment turned in and collects pre-set fees for damages.
- Pre-checks and prepares equipment for customers, explains use and monitors proper usage. Arranges furniture and equipment for various types/sizes of events; puts up/takes down special event decorations. May assist in conducting event.
- Cleans recreation equipment, supplies and facility area. Operates equipment and performs self-help maintenance on facilities and equipment. Ensures adequate equipment is available in sufficient time to conduct program activities.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582361800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.