The Kansas City VA Medical Center is seeking two highly qualified Lead Supply Technicians to ensure supplies and material are distributed to all areas serviced by Logistics. Provide wards, clinics, operating rooms, secondary storage locations, with supplies and material including sterile/non-sterile medical supplies, instruments, and equipment. The Lead Supply Technicians will interacts with team members to influence and motivate by giving direction, guidance and balance workload distribution.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as the Lead Supply Technician (Medical) for the Medical Supply Distribution (MSD) areas of Logistics Service within the VA Health Care System. As a Lead Supply Technician, you will ensure supplies and materials are distributed to all areas serviced by Logistics to provide wards, clinics, operating rooms, secondary storage locations, and other hospital facilities with supplies and material including but not limited to, sterile and non-sterile medical supplies, instrument sets, and equipment. Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Distributes and balances workload among employees in accordance with established workflow or job specialization and assures timely accomplishment of assigned workload;
- Monitors status and progress of work and makes day-to-day adjustments in accordance with established priorities;
- Maintains current knowledge and answers questions of other employees on procedures, policies, directives, or other guidelines as necessary and obtains needed information or decisions from supervisor on problems;
- Maintains stock at primary and secondary inventory locations for all clinical and administrative services, including pulling stock inventory and material from inventory for delivery, replenishing stock inventory, interacting with customers to resolve issues, maintaining records on stock levels, etc.;
- Performs inventory using bar code equipment and resolves differences between records and physical count of stock;
- Ensures areas are cleaned in accordance with aseptic principles as published in infection control guidelines, local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Joint Commission standards as scheduled;
- Receives supplies and materials into the catchment area including unpacking/uncrating supplies from shipping cartons; storing supplies and materials; and ensuring sterility and integrity of the supplies and material as well as the data integrity of the inventory management system; and
- Works with clinical and administrative customers as well as outside vendors with tact and diplomacy to coordinate work activities and resolve operating issues pertaining to supply management requirements.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Lead Supply Technician/PD09387A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582356300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.