The Telecommunication Network and Technology Branch (Code 566) at Goddard Space Flight Center is seeking an Electronics Engineer to perform communications systems analyses of potential missions to ensure ground network needs can be met. This branch supports the development of communication systems for NASAs ground systems. Duties may include optical link budget analysis, orbital analysis, software design, or topographical analysis.Learn more about this agency
**This vacancy has been extend to 11/23/2020**
- This Electronics Engineer position develops or evaluates network communications plans to assist NASA's return to the moon, future satellite missions, and may support Project Artemis.
- Utilizes Radio Frequency communications characteristics, to evaluate the communications potential of upcoming science and human space flight missions. This includes, but is not limited to, recommending space and ground communications characteristics.
- Interfaces with NASA missions to understand their communications requirements.
- Applies Matlab, programming, or scripting knowledge to generate appropriate tools for proper communications analysis and to evaluate tools to determine if current communication tools are reliable.
- Processes information from terrestrial telecommunications systems and the interface with ground navigation stations.
- Uses software design to create telecommunications solutions.
- Utilizes either analog or digital electronic circuit design to create hardware solutions.
- Analyzes orbit determination data to identify appropriate ground stations with which spacecraft can communicate.
- Duties described above are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582340700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.