The incumbent serves as a Civilian Payroll Technician (CPT) for the Fiscal Service Line at the Kansas City VA Medical Center. The CPT receives and examines complex payroll authorization documents, makes computations, and prepares proper forms for the pay of the full variety of civilian positions.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews policies and keeps abreast of the latest payroll issues through the study of new policies.
- Ability to review regulatory guidance, policies and procedural manuals to make sound decisions.
- Demonstrates ability to research applicable policies and solve complex problems.
- Develops positive relationships with customers.
- Conducts extensive research to identify and resolve problems.
- Develops contacts to resolve pay and leave problems and to build support among others to correct errors.
- Conducts analysis of payroll and timekeeping data to determine compliance with regulatory guidance.
- Meets deadlines and workload requirement by prioritizing work.
- Analyzes issues and proposes solutions in concert with the appropriate department to resolve issues.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of records, equipment, and computer access.
- Position may be eligible for telework after one year in position.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am to 4:30pm
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Civilian Pay Technician/PD09083A
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582309000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.