The employee will serve as a Police Officer (Instructor). The position is located within the Police Service, Uniformed Operations Section, at the Hampton VA Medical Center, Hampton, Virginia. The Police Officer (Instructor) serve as the primary training source for newly hired and retained VA Police Officers.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops training programs for Police Services or organization.
- Delivers training to Police and Facility Staff.
- Oversees senior instructors to providing guidance and evaluation of courses.
- Conduct audits of training programs.
- Analyze current training programs and adjust for local needs.
- Conducts law enforcement related duties and any duties assigned by command staff.
- Monitors all assigned training to insure completion of training by all officers.
- Serves as liaison between education and Police Services.
- Conducts initial training of new officers on Use of Force, reporting, and policy.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Police Officer (Instr)/PD002553
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582298700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.