Learn more about this agency
About the position:
This position will be assigned to the Human Resource Office on Malmstrom AFB, MT
The hours of the NAF HRO are Monday-Friday 0730-1630 MST, applicant must be available during those hours.
NAF Malmstrom AFB
- Serves as a knowledgeable source of information on procedural and regulatory requirements for submitting and processing all types of personnel actions.
- Answers inquiries concerning status of pending actions.
- Explains pay systems, differentials, hours of work, etc.
- Explains employee rights and responsibilities.
- Provides information to supervisors and employees on such matters as pay actions, health insurance, life insurance, and a wide variety of personnel actions.
- Provides recruitment and placement service to all NAF activities to include receiving requests to fill vacant positions, may prepare and forwarding lists of applicants, as well as maintaining applicant supply files.
- Conducts orientation for new employees on insurance benefits, unemployment compensation, social security benefits, retirement, and other programs applicable to NAF employees.
- Maintains official employee personnel records and files.
- Forwards timely and accurate copies of records for administrative and pay purposes to other offices as required.
- Assists HRO with rate computation of pay on all increases (pay adjustments and step increases) for employees in activities serviced to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Assists HRO with monitoring of within-grade increases to ensure due dates are met.
- Prepares, in final form, the full range of personnel actions.
- Computes service computation dates.
- Administers workers' compensation and unemployment compensation programs.
- Inputs personnel data into the automated NAF personnel data system and is responsible for the maintenance of the system.
- Responsible for processing and tracking status of installation records checks, state criminal history repository checks, and national agency checks.
- Performs security duties for tentative and established Family Child Care (FCC) providers.
- Maintains and disposes of records according to records management directives.
- May research and download forms and publications and post updates to directives.
- Participates in planning and conducting the local NAF wage survey IAW regulatory guidance.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582290900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.