The Salem VA Medical Center is looking for multiple Resource Pool/Float Pool Registered Nurse (RNs) to support the COVID pandemic on all inpatient units of the Center. In this position the RN is directly responsible for the provision of direct patient care and for the delivery of quality nursing care to a culturally diverse population with complex needs. Must possess the knowledge and skills of all aspects of the nursing process within a collaborative and interdisciplinary practice setting.Learn more about this agency
This position includes covering inpatient areas such as Mental Health, PCU/ICU, Med/Surg Telemetry and the Community Living Center (Extended Care). The following duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Skilled inpatient assessment with the ability to communicate appropriate concerns regarding patient's condition based on sound theoretical and technical basis.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply theories of aging as a scientific basis for practice.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate Gerontological theories in their nursing practice.
- Skilled in preventive maintenance, restorative, rehabilitative and palliative nursing care.
- Psychosocial assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of health care needs and care of specific patients and families/significant others.
- Restraint or seclusion treatment modalities are applied by nursing staff if patient is a danger to self or others.
- Order emergent diagnostic test such as Radiologist - x-rays; Laboratory - blood gases, CBC, Electrolyte; Electrocardiogram- (12 lead).
- Interpret cardiac arrhythmia and administer appropriate drugs per physician orders.
- IVs and approved IV medication administration.
- Initiate use of pressure infusers per physician orders.
- Identify indications for temporary pacemaker, mode selection, rhythm recognitions,
interpret pacemaker functions and properly adjust temporary pacemaker settings.
- Titration of ordered medication according to establish parameters.
- Assist with cardio-version.
- Assist with insertion of hemodynamic monitoring and analyzing and interpretation of
cardiac profiles and wave-forms.
- CVP monitoring; management and care of PICC line; management and care of recovery patients.
- Manages care of patient on mechanical ventilation following policy/protocols.
Tour of Duty: All Shifts/Tour TBD based on needs of facility
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582226500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.