Physical Security Specialist is located at the Hampton VAMCFacility. The primary responsibility of the position is to manage the station's Physical Security Program under the Police Service. Incumbent develops and implement policies and procedures related to physical security. The incumbent represents the department/facility at meetings, conferences and events.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepares reports, communicating deficiencies and outcomes of quality actions to Police Service leadership.
- Reviews and analyzes physical security protection systems and/or devices installed and in use at all facilities within the medical center and the CBOC facilities.
- Conducts physical security inspections and coordinates with the Emergency Management Specialist to perform terrorist vulnerability assessment surveys designed to improve the protection of patients, employees, visitors, and material assets while on VA controlled property.
- Interprets established physical security policy. Provide sound advice to management to resolve situations that affect the service program standards, ensures compliance.
- Works to ensure ongoing compliance with mandated service inspection requirements are met. Track buildings and facilities that failed security inspection.
- Prepares findings through briefings, presentations, and correspondence to inform the Police Service leadership concerns with deficiencies and vulnerability in the security systems and provide recommendations and action plans to correct issues.
- Contracting Officer Representative for the Police Service while performing a wide range of police duties to enforce the Federal and State Criminal Codes and VA regulations.
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Physical Security Specialist/PD02859
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582157200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.