The incumbent is responsible for the quality review of all consolidated network personnel actions to ensure compliance with Federal statute, Veterans Affairs policy, Office of Personnel Management guidance and other legal and regulatory requirements. The quality review includes: Recruitment and Placement, Pay Administration, electronic Official Personnel Folder, Awards, Performance Management, Personnel Suitability and Security, Accountability System, and Employee Relations/Labor Relations.Learn more about this agency
Quality Review (60 percent)
- Reviews, audits, and ensures corrections of erroneous personnel actions.
- Provides supporting Federal statute, VA policy and OPM guidance to VISN HR staff for corrective actions to erroneous personnel actions in all HR program areas: Recruitment and Placement, Pay Administration, Maintenance of e-OPF, Awards Program, Performance Management, Personnel Suitability and Security, Accountability System and Employee Relations/Labor Relations.
- Performs quality assurance of all HR program areas which require analyzing and evaluating complex programs or issues, interpreting existing Federal statute, Office of Human Resources Management program policy, VA policy, OPM guidance and other HR legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provides formal guidance, assistance, interpretation on special assignments related to all HR program areas.
- Uses extensive knowledge and experience with Federal and VA HR regulatory and legal requirements to audit all HR program areas.
- Identifies technical discrepancies in all HR program areas identifying the need for training, interventions and strategies that improve the VISN HR staff's accuracy with processing and coding personnel actions, performance and ability to meet HR business requirements.
- Accesses a variety of systems to pull reports for review and analysis of the HR Programs. These systems include, but are not limited to, HR Smart, Web HR, USA Staffing, Defense Civilian Payroll System, Pyramid, etc.
- Reviews daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly technical data reports to assist in determining goals and recommendations to improve the technical function of the VISN HR staff, as well as continuous preparation for, and coordination of, all outside HR audits and reviews.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of HR legal and regulatory requirements and overall HR management practices to ensure VISN-wide HR staff are processing accurate personnel actions, accurate corrective actions to erroneous personnel actions and assists VISN HR staff with technical HR training needs in all HR program areas.
- Provides expert advice related to Federal and VA HR regulatory and legal requirements and collaborates and coordinates with supervisors on corrections and internal process improvement measures.
- Utilizes results from audits to create standardized HR processes for the entire network and provides just-in-time training to ensure the accurate processing of personnel actions and the necessary corrections to erroneous personnel actions.
- Provides VISN HR managers and VISN HR employees with information, guidance and interpretation related to complex HR policies that require substantial research.
- Identifies trends and training needs after auditing personnel actions and other HR required processes by composing both quantitative and narrative reports from the audit findings.
- Compiles these periodic and/or special reports, relaying identified deficiencies or procedural short falls.
- Assists in analyzing proposed changes in operations, assesses the impact on personnel programs, and advises VISN HR manager in the most effective personnel management programs.
- Develops collaborative relationships with VHA Workforce Management and Consulting Center of Expertise staff, VISN senior executive service leadership, VISN HR leadership and all other VISN HR staff to ensure procedures are in place for HR staff to accurately process personnel actions and accurately process corrections when needed.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Other tours of duty may be discussed)
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Quality Assurance)/PD99970-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582140200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.