This position is located in the USDAs Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO).Learn more about this agency
This announcement is issued under the direct-hire authority to recruit for positions for which there is a critical need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one-year probationary period. Category rating, veteran's preference and traditional rating and raking of applicants do not apply to this public notice.
- Leading, developing, implementing, evaluating, and improving processes and procedures to monitor the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of the program segment and/or organization directed.
- Directing and continuously improving the execution of a cybersecurity Portfolio Management Program managing a portfolio of IT investments, projects and activities enabling measurement and objective evaluation of investment scenarios.
- Formulating and managing a disciplined capital planning and investment control (CPIC) process to acquire, use, maintain, and dispose of information technology in alignment w/enterprise architecture planning processes with mission needs.
- Developing processes that implement systems at acceptable costs, within reasonable and expected time frames, and that contribute to tangible, observable improvements in mission performance.
- Leading and overseeing budget formulation and execution as well as ensuring that all acquisitions, procurements, and outsourcing efforts address information security requirements consistent with organization goals.
- Provides budgetary information for business decision-making support surrounding information technology security investments. Prepares annual ISC budget formulation and budget justifications, provides spend plan validation, remediation, and analysis.
- Ensures acquisitions, procurements, and outsourcing efforts address information security requirements consistent with organization goals.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582135400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.